Hunting with eagles is very much an ancient tradition of the Central Asian nomadic tribes that are still kept alive in Western Mongolia today. Mongolian Kazakhs train eagles for hunting, and some well trained and skilled eagles are believed to be capable of catching wolves. Nowadays, eagle hunters live in the spectacular Altai Mountain ranges, which rise to 4,374m above sea level. Like other Mongols, they are nomadic and spend the summer alongside the beautiful mountain lakes across the range. Throughout the journey, you will come across prehistoric rock engravings dating back 12,000 years and the ancient Turkish stone men ‘balbal,’ which witness the passing of Mongolia’s rich history. Also, Muslim burial tombs made from adobe, with their distinct architectural style, and the hospitable Kazakh eagle hunter families offer unique experiences to like-minded travellers.
Zendmen Travel Advantages
- Attend the Golden Eagle Festival
- Authentic experience with Mongolian Kazakh Eagle hunters
- Locally sourced meals by a private cook during camping trips
- Comfortable Thermarest mattresses and North Face or Vango Tents while camping
- Ethical tour operation to the place and people you visit